Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

We bought a used boat with a Hummingbird 700 series

Customer Question

We bought a used boat with a Hummingbird 700 series fishfinder and the screen says "loading" and we cannot turn the unit off. what can we do?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine electronics specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine electronics specialist can help you best.
Customer: Ok - we trurned on the fishfinder and it worked and then the screen went to black with the sord "loading" across it and we cannot exit or turn it off or do anything with it. It is just stuck on "loading" and it has been hours and still says the same and will not turn off.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why am I supposed to minimize you? Will someone else help me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine electronics specialist should know?
Customer: No - because we are new to this and just want to turn it off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this a scam? My estimated time was 8 minutes - 30 minutes ago and they said it was 5.00 and now it is 34.00? What is going on?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

I am really sorry that you had to wait so long for a reply -- I responded to your question as soon as I was available.

Do you still need help with this issue?