Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

Have a lms-522 lowrance i need to download info put in new

Customer Question

have a lms-522 lowrance i need to download info put in new empty chip but it comes up erer need mmc card ? where do i find one an have to put data in a new hook 7 can u help ???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: not that i now
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Lowrance unit?

Also WHat exactly happens when ypu try to do this operation?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
checking date 8to 10 years old not to sure ? when i put in chip new 32gig og to data transfer error mmc card needed?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
just went 102 miles to gandermountin to chech no luck so iam loking back to u for help no one seems to know what a mmc card is even in bestbuy? thy were no help just a road tip
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i can give u serial number on unit###-##-####
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
put back on boat went to systems info say 2003 data if that helps u ken
Expert:  Michael replied 8 days ago.

Hi This is one that has a bad transistor on the main board, there are many on this one. It really need to be sent to Lowrance to have this fixed.

It is worth the cost of repair in this case.

I wish I had better news for you but I know this problem well after 30 years in marine electronics service.

Please visit :

They can help set up the repair order ticket, they are excellent and usually not very expensive;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael