Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Can a Humminbird Helix 5 be attached to an in hull

Customer Question

Can a Humminbird Helix 5 be attached to an in hull transducer on a 44' house boat (I know it would require extension cables). Also, have two helms, want to put a Helix 5 on each helm. If they can attach to an in hull transducer, can they share a transducer or would each need their own?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

The Helix 5 is a standalone unit. Therefore you would need to install 2 transducers into the boat. If you want to use the down imaging feature on the unit, should you buy the DI, that transducer would need to be mounted to the outside of the hull. If just using standard 2D sonar, that transducer can be mounted to the inside, provided that the hull is not aluminum.