Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

Just bought a boat that comes with FurunoNavNet C-MAP NT on

Customer Question

Just bought a boat that comes with FurunoNavNet C-MAP NT on both lower and upper helm. The flybridge unit is not operational and needs to be replaced. There are some units available on eBay, but they are C-MAP NT MAX, are they compatible? Or will this affect the operation between the lower and upper helm units? Im used to Raymarine and Furuno is new to me.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I upgrade the chart plotters without having to upgrade the entire system?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The question about compatibility would depend not on the C-MAP type (that's maps or mapping software), but rather, on what device will be replacing what device, and also particularly, what devices will be hooked up to it, and have to operate with it?

Please make that clear, and I will be able to answer your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Basically I need to replace the chart plotter in the flybridge. The one I have is Furuno NavNet C-map NT and the ones that are for sale on eBay since this is an older model are NavNet C-map NT max. My question is are they compatible where the lower helm and the upper helm units can work together one being the master?

Furuno Navnet is a ranging model line. I would need to know the exact model of the current Navnet-type display device, to tell you what, that is similar, could replace it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Navnet NT will be replaced by navnet nt-max
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Currently have the NT
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On both flybridge and lower helm

I'm sorry to say that I cannot figure out the answer to your question from the information you have given.

With apologies I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.