Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I have a raymarine fishfinder model L365 that I bought in

Customer Question

I have a raymarine fishfinder model L365 that I bought in 2003. Everything works fine except the paddle-wheel speedometer feature. It works intermittently. I have tested it out of the water and it is intermittent there also.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: Transducer part number M78898
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

On this one yes the sensor on the paddle wheel will eventually fail.

You can get a new sensor and replace that pretty easily;-)

The main head unit electronics rarely if ever fail.

The best place to get that is:

and also :

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI Michael,
I already knew that I could look on line to try to find a new transponder. I haven't found one. If you know of some special source of these trasnponders, or how to fix the problem that would be helpful.Rob
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi Rob, I will check on that for you. I have some good sources I can find for you.

I will be back in a few hours;-)

Thanks for your patience.

Tech Michael