Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I installed a Lowrance hook-7 on my boat. Does the boat with

Customer Question

I installed a Lowrance hook-7 on my boat. Does the boat with the transducer need to be in the water in order to set the unit up? also does the unit take a standred SD card?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The boat would not have to be in the water, for successful setup and confirmation that the sonar transducer is basically working with the display etc.

Before the sonar transducer is mounted on the boat, it may be placed in a bucket of water, while setup and confirmations are being done.

If the sonar transducer were in air, though, that might give very odd indications and probably is not a way to set up the Hook-7 etc.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

Thanks.