Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I installed a furano radar and multi functional display.

Customer Question

I installed a furano radar and multi functional display. Works together in the retail shop. But loses connection on boat. Has 12 v connection but message is "radar connection lost ". Any ideas?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sort of error is owing to a problem with connections or connectors, or even cabling.

If the cabling is unrelable or old, replace it. In fact, whatever cabling is on the boat that was *not* in the shop setup that worked perfectly and reliably, is unreliable cabling.

Connectors can get dirty, or get corroded too. How long was the setup installed on the boat, before the 'radar connection lost' error began ?