Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have etec. With a I command setup. I have fluid sensor,

Customer Question

I have etec. With a I command setup. I have fluid sensor, gps, storage device, I command guage, and I just added my lowrance hdi 7 elite chartplotter/fishfinder.. the hdi only sees pressure from the etec..no other data available. It's also showing 1 unknown device which is the I command guage. What's wrong?
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't need a car expert I need a lowrance expert
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I understand that you have a Marine Electronics question.

I must ask, though, for you to describe your I Command gauge a little more, please. A maker name and a model # ***** be an ideal basic description, with which to judge compatibility and so forth.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just know it's a digital guage. Right now it's not working, the dispay is out. So I'm trying to use my chartplotter which support engine data via the nmea 2000 data network

Without the brand name of the digital gauge, I won't be able to determine whether it is indeed NMEA2000 compatible.

I'm examining the picture you posted...

Regrettably, I cannot find good information on the Evinrude E-TEC I-COMMAND gauge you have. Whether it is not working from lack of compatibility (probable?) or from a poor connection or corrosion on the connection (to be brushed with a clean dry brush, then wiped down with a clean dry rag cloth, then re-connected firmly), I cannot tell.

Did the E-TREC gauge work before you added in the Lowrance HDI 7 to the setup?