Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I'm in the process to install all new Raymarine electronics

Customer Question

I'm in the process to install all new Raymarine electronics (C97, EV-200 Evolution Autopilot and VHF Ray50) and connect everything via SeaTalk ng. 12V electrical power is provided from the ACU-200 to the SeaTalkng cable network.
My question is: It seems that even when the SeaTalkng is delivering electrical power also to the VHF Ray50 I have to connect the attached power cable from the VHF to another
12V power source. Does that mean, that the VHF Ray50 is then receiving 12V power via the SeaTalkng cable and from the attached power cable. Isn't there a conflict?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The network is only providing power to itself to allow the devices to communicate with each other. All of the devices will need their own power supplies also connected to provide fused protection for the device.