Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I am new to the larger screen humminbird units. i have only

Customer Question

i am new to the larger screen humminbird units. i have only had the smaller units in the past. i have a humminbird kvd859di sonargps unit i bought a couple yrs ago & have never learned to use it. i have no friends that are depth finder users that could help. my problem is that i have pushed different buttons on my unit & now have a complete mess.how can i get my unit to come back to preset factory settings that i had when i bought the unit? i understand that there is a way. please explain it in a step by step fashion. many thanks. i have never had a $700.00 unit like this before & i did enjoy the depth finder readings when trolling & miss it.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello,, my name is***** will assist you.

With the unit on, press the Menu button, scroll over to the SETTINGS tab, scroll down to Restore Defaults. This will return the unit to where it was when it was brand new.