Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

1989 baja islander

Customer Question

1989 baja islander
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

No question came through for you. What are you working on and what kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my name is***** am trying to rewire a boat that I got the wiring from the ignition to the starter alternator the whole thing start to finish where the wires go that is my question
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Where the wires go on what exactly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1989 Baja Island or 4.3 V6 inboard
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Right but what are you trying to wire? Lights, radio fishfinder, battery?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
from the ignition to the starter to the alternator to the slave silinoid to the battery the whole charging system
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Do you need me to explain how to wire these items, or did you just need a wiring diagram to follow?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
explain step by step start to finish starting with ignition
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello Craig. My name is Tan.

Do you have any wiring in the boat now? What is the make and model of the engine. I know it is a 4.3 but who's? OMC or Mercruiser?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Merccruiser yes most of it to the engine but nothing from the battery the harness is been cut out nothing going anywhere from the battery nothing
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Ok Are the wires on the engine still connected?

The only wire that run to the battery from the engine are the positive battery cable connected at the large post of the starter. Then the black negative ground cable that connects to the engine block.

Where was the harness cut at the engine or after the engine?

Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Here is a diagram of the harness from engine to dash. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/attachments/do-yourself-boating-budget/392092d1248691578-need-wiring-diagram-dash-wiring-harness.jpg

Here is a diagram of the engine wiring. This is a diagram of a v8 but the v6 is the same. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jacksparrow1956/2010-08-29_170624_scan0001.jpg

Post back with question on the wires you don't have a place for or need to know where they go.