Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I put an antenna on my hds gen two touch because I wasn't at

Customer Question

I put an antenna on my hds gen two touch because I wasn't at all happy with its performance. Its still not working right. I called lowrance today explained the situation. I told him I put in nmea2000 and asked If there was anything else I should do. He told me on the network page where the nmea2000 go to data source and put in something called 1point. I went there hit gps could not find anything like that and the options on that page acted like I was locked out. need help, old guy with not much tech savy.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is there about the performance that is not working right?

I'm not sure that changing a setting in that manner (what I can guess about it) will help.

What NMEA2K connected devices do you have interfacing with the HDS Two Touch ?

You may have seemed locked out, if the options could not be changed.

If reception is not good, or GPS performance is not good, unfortunately you may have a defective device. GPS antennas that are internal don't break at all easily, and anything else being wrong with the GPS system than the antenna, would mean 'broken device' most likely.

But one thing: if the device is in an enclosed space, without a clear view of the open sky down to the horizon... if, in sum, the canopy of the boat is metal and blocking GPS satellite signals... then that could be the cause of the problem, too. If so, putting the external GPS antenna out in the open might help with GPS fixes and reception.