Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Ihave aLMS 334c gps seems to work, it shows temp, but no

Customer Question

Ihave aLMS 334c gps seems to work , it shows temp, but no depeths.i have cleaned the the sending unit no help Joel Graham
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: it tells water temp but not how deep it is the GPS seems to work
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Electronics Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that what you are reporting is a problem with the sonar transducer.

Check, and (with power to the system Off) re-seat the connector to the cable that comes from the sonar transducer. Then power the system On again, and see if the picture of the bottom now appears. If not, then go and check on the sonar transducer yourself, esp. in case there has been a grounding or a collision recently that might have disturbed or even broken it.

If it still doesn't work after having done all that, there is more to try. Let me know, and I will continue to advise you.