Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I'm have a problem with a 04 Seadoo GTX 4tech

Customer Question

Hello I'm have a problem with a 04 Seadoo GTX 4tech Supercharged. It turns both ways on the trailer. What I mean is the when you turn the handle bars the cone turns both ways the same amount. But when I put it in the water I turn the handle bars to the left and it makes real gradual turns. When I turn the handle bars to the right it turns like it is supposed to. What could possibly cause this problem? Thank You for your help.
Randy
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Randy,

If the cone is turning ok out of the water then this problem is likely occurring because of the way the water is swirling out of the cone - there are some straightening "vanes" that attempt to counter some of this swirl action, so maybe those stator vanes are missing or damaged. When they get damaged they can affect steering. Examine around the cone area for any signs of damage.