Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I installed an LSS 2 transducer on my 24 ft carolina skiff.

Customer Question

I installed an LSS 2 transducer on my 24 ft carolina skiff. The 50/200 and 455/800 transducers are 4 inches apart on the starboard side of the boat and transom mounted. They are both connected directly to my HDS 7 Gen 2 unit. When I look at the left/right view all I see is a line in the middle of the screen, but the NO bottom structure at all. Downscan looks a lot like regular sonar picture with little to no detail.Any ideas?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you mount them farther apart on the transom, e.g. one on the left side, and one on the right side instead of both of them on the same side.

They may be too close together for a true 'stereo' view.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try it and get back to you

OK. Let me know how it goes at your convenience, once you have remounted the transponders.