Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I just received my new Garmin Striker 7D fish finder, ser#

Customer Question

I just received my new Garmin Striker 7D fish finder, ser# ***** which did not include a protective screen cover. Is this something they don't include with the purchase anymore? All Garmin color navigate and f.f. had it included. Do I have to purchase it separately? For $400.00 it seems it should have. Henry Suweyn.
***@******.***
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

According to the Garmin site, that cover is not included in the box for the unit. But they will sell you one at a fair price. With the cost of some of the new finders, you would think that they would send it to you to protect the screen, but I guess if they did that, you may not be looking to get a new unit in a few years. Kind of stinks the way the industry is going.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/cases-and-covers/protective-cover/prod533572_010-12441-02.html

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Charles, I don't know how you got in the picture, I thought I was on Garmin's website. If there is a charge on my card I'll notify AMEX.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hank, this is a question and answer site, you signed up for when you asked your question.