Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I am trying to replace the stereo in my pontoon. It is a

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I am trying to replace the stereo in my pontoon. It is a Maxxima by Panor CSC-725RM. I snipped the wires and connected the color coordinating wires to my new stereo with nothing, not even power. Along with this, there are a number of wires that I don't even know what they were connected to as there is not color coordinating on the new harness. Can you provide a wiring diagram for the Maxxima Model?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Marine Electronics Specialist's Assistant.
Customer: hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am trying to replace the stereo in my pontoon. It is a Maxxima by Panor CSC-725RM. I snipped the wires and connected the color coordinating wires to my new stereo with nothing, not even power. Along with this, there are a number of wires that I don't even know what they were connected to as there is not color coordinating on the new harness. Can you provide a wiring diagram for the Maxxima Model?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Electronics Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Are you installing the Maxxima radio or is that the one that you are replacing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Maxxima radio is the one I am am replacing with a new kendoowd.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Ok got it, You really dont want to use any of the wiring from the Maxxima radio. Your power, ground, and memory leads should come straight from your fuse panel. The speaker wires are part of the boat, so they will be fine.

How do you have the Kenwood wired currently?