Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 1994 sportcraft with a Volvo stern drive with cable

Customer Question

I have a 1994 sportcraft with a Volvo stern drive with cable steering steers vary good / the boat has an old Raytheon sport pilot plus on it that I can not get to hold course just turns back and forth / I want to put an auto pilot on this boat what are my diff options for auto pilot
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It depends upon the exact type of the stern drive. The types I really know something about are all designed for some other drive motor than your Volvo stern drive.

But if you have a Volvo stern drive motor then this might be ideal to go with it, might work with it (since Raymarine etc. autopilots usually are only compatible with Raymarine (etc.) drive motors):

http://www.volvopenta.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/marine_leisure_engines/accessories/evcoptions/Pages/Autopilot.aspx

But to be sure the Volvo Penta is right for you, I'd have to know whether you have a drive *motor*, and what the maker or brand, and model #, are. Let me know and I will amend or revise my answer as appropriate and as needed. Thanks.