Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

My raymarine finder was working i plugged it in it won't

Customer Question

My raymarine finder was working i plugged it in it won't come on now I have power to it
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Which model do you have?

How are you testing for power to the unit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Test light and hooked to power block
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have the 4 pro raymarine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You there charles
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Yes I am here. It is quite busy here today, and I have several customers at once. I have to take the replies in the order that they come in.

A test light will still light up with as little as 6V to it. The unit will not power up with less than 10V. Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I get home I will test thanks
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Sounds good, please let me know. Once we know if it is getting the proper voltage to the plug end, we can figure out why the unit will not turn on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK Mr Charles we have 13.8 on meter on raymarine depthfinder
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Ok,great. and the unit will still not power on at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Try this reset.

1. Switch OFF the power to your MFD using the MFD's POWER button.
  2. After the MFD has been switched OFF, press and hold the BACK button in while switching ON power to your MFD. Continue to hold the BACK button pressed until the Raymarine Intialization menu is displayed. Release the BACK button.
  3. Press the WPT button to command the MFD to Reset FLOB and bluetooth (i.e. Factory Reset). The MFD will report "Erasing 4 Kibyte @ ... xx % complete".
  4. After approximately 30 seconds, the MFD will report "FLOB erase completed " signaling that the factory reset has been completed. A few seconds afterwards, the MFD will automatically reboot.

After your display has completed initialization, the "WARNING - LIMITATIONS OF USE" dialog will be displayed. The lower right hand corner of this dialog also features information concerning the currently installed display software version. Verify that the display software version specified is the latest available for your display, and if not not, upgrade your MFD with the latest avaialable software. Please refer to the following answers for more information on software updates:

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We can't get it to come on so how do you turn off power button
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Start on step 2

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not working
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Talk to me
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

you are going to need to call Ray Marine on this one. There is nothing more that can be done without them.(###) ###-####/p>