Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Garmin ghc autopilot not steering the rudder : no alarms on

Customer Question

garmin ghc autopilot not steering the rudder
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: no alarms on the display but the ECU status light is flashing red and there is no pump action automatically or when manually changing course with the autopilot Garmin GHC 10
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Electronics Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the ECU light is on your engine, then I would suspect that you need to check some 'industrial' voltages involved in both the engine and the pump motor, with a voltmeter.

The flashing ECU light, being both red and flashing, could be indicating a defect in the electrical system, in the way of a voltage being missing, shorted-out and loaded down below specs, or otherwise defective.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you know anything about Garmin products? It doesn't seem so!How do I get my money back?

Sorry if I didn't comprehend all the details at first. Is your ECU light on the boat's engine/controls, or is it on the Garmin unit, or where?

If you want your money back, I myself have no power over such matters and charges, billing, refunds, etc. For that I have to refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com:

***@******.***

They will no doubt respond to your concerned message, if you send them one, within a reasonable space of time (considering that it is Memorial Day, a Federal holiday.)