Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a raymarine c80 that is 10 years old, the screen just

Customer Question

Hi, I have a raymarine c80 that is 10 years old, the screen just went all snow on me. I have radar, fishfinder, and and autopilot all tied into the system that is the same age. Can I simple upgrade the multifunction unit or do I need to replace everything.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that you do indeed have a 'broken' c80. But double-check the voltage that is being supplied to it - undervoltaging may have damaged it permanently, or overvoltaging, but in either case restoring a medium or on-spec voltage might possibly help.

If it is indeed 'broken', I suspect that you can get another MFD device that will take its place without any - or without much, anyway - in the way of purchasing other replacements too.

But that depends upon just *what* (by maker-and-model) you have in the system that was connected to the c80 while it was working. Tell me specifics (or maker and model) and I will tell you specifics of MFDs to replace the c80 with, and what (if any) of the peripheral/other devices will need upgrading too.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Raymarine DSM300 digital sounder module
Raymarine smartpilot s1000
Raymarine pathfinder 4d radome scanner
Standard horizon gps antenna
P66 high speed transducer
These are the items I have connected to the c80Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rs 125 gps sensor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Radar is ray marine Ray 152, 2kw dome

That collection of instrumentation will take me a while to figure out compatibilities for. I'm beginning the process, but (if it's OK) please don't expect results too soon. Tonight would be reasonable (I have other cases to tend to, etc....), I think.

PS: Are you sure that those equipment items listed are all hooked up (at present) to the defunct c80 ? or are they just 'part of the whole system' ? what's really important is the ones that are directly connected to the c80 (through at most, a hub.)

And a question also: is there both a 'standard horizon GPS antenna' and an RS125 GPS sensor?

And are there 2 different radar radomes? or just one? if so, what maker and model # ***** ***** one radome?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just one gps antenna ra 125gps sensor,I radar dome, raymarine 152 2kw domeAll devices are hooked into defunct c80
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, what is the ETA on the answer?Thanks

I'm sorry - I cannot locate references to the 'raymarine 152 2kw dome'. Could you describe that a little more - the '152' part I particularly don't find references to. Sorry this is taking awhile. But the information genuinely has had to be pieced through a bit.

One thing's sure: the ra 125 GPS sensor is not going to be a limiting factor, since it is listed as 'compatible with all Raymarine displays.' There's that much for sure so far.