Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a simrad chartplotter, and we installed a DST2000

Customer Question

we have a simrad chartplotter, and we installed a DST2000 transducer. The chartplotter can't locate the transducer. We did a system upgrade, but it still can't.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Simrad GO7 chratplotter / nav system.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The transducer we have does not appear in the list of devices. We tried installing a driver for the DST2000 but that didn't work. We do not have sonar, but the transducer will provide data on depth and speed through the hull of our Catalina 27 sailboat. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Airmar DST800 with nmea2000 connection
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to check the connector between the two devices (the chartplotter and the transducer) if either one is in 'Used' condition (as opposed to when both are quite new.)

Open the connector, brush both sides of the connection with a clean dry brush for at least 20 seconds, then wipe down both sides of the connection with a clean dry rag cloth, and re-connect firmly.

After that, if the transducer is new and it is not being put in to replace another transducer that didn't appear to be working, then you may have a defective transducer, quite simply, and need to return it as such promptly to the vendor or store that you bought it from, for an exchange or refund.