Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have purchased a fcv 261 furuno sounder an want to change

Customer Question

I have purchased a fcv 261 furuno sounder an want to change it from 24 to 12 volt what is the process?
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it just a matter of soilering the wires from the 24v into the 12v hole on the circuit board?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Brad and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, post back with clear pictures of these solder points / connection holes. Please click HERE.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi again Brad,

Basically yes; as the Furuno Sounder FCV-261 was originally shipped at 18-40 VDC setting (32 or 24 Volts usable).

Relocating the input B+ feedline to the 12V solder point/hole would configure the sounder for 11-20VDC use.