Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki

I am not satisfied at all with the XNT 9 SI 180 T transom

Customer Question

I am not satisfied at all with the XNT 9 SI 180 T transom mount transducer supplied with my Humminbird 698 SI unit. The SI presentation is very weak and fuzzy. little return. the transducer is submerged and I am running at idle speed. All other presentations are ok. Is there another transducer that might work more satisfactorily in the SI mode
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.Where do you have the transducer mounted?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Frank, There is no need to open any other questions, you can just reply to me here.On the bottom of the boat, is it clear of any chines or wedges where the transducer is located?