Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

When I power up my Lowrance Elite5 it says it failed. It

Customer Question

When I power up my Lowrance Elite5 it says it failed. It continues to try to bootup but it fails. There are little fish icons that come on the screen.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If that isn't owing to an internal error, I think it might be caused by a poor or absent connection to your sonar transponder or other attached systems. So: examine all cables and wires leading from the Elite 5 to other components and systems. Re-seat all cables, one at a time.If you feel like it, use a clean dry brush to clean each connector while they are unhooked, then wipe down each connector until the metal shines with a clean dry rag cloth, then re-connect firmly and on to the next connector. Then power On the Elite 5 again, and see if it initializes properly this time.