Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a 2005 beneteau 331. It is equipped with st 60 tridata

Customer Question

I have a 2005 beneteau 331. It is equipped with st 60 tridata for depth and speed. The speed transducer is PN 31-487-3-71. I don't see a part number for the depth transducer. I launched today and the thru hull for the speed is leaking. It happens for both the plug and the transducer. It looks like the water is coming from the screw cap and flowing down the threads. I cleaned and used silicone grease on the o rings. When I hand tighten the entire thru hull rotates. It seems the bedding has also failed. I'm having the boat pulled. (Just bought last week). I believe I need a new thru hull and while I'm at it considering replacing the transducer. Do u have a part number for the thru hull for BOTH the thru hull fittings for the depth and speed?
If I'm going to replace the transducers do u have the PN for the depth?
Would I be better off just buying a new instrument and new transducers? Does raymarine have one that fits on the same square print on the pedestal?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.You have the correct one for the insert on the speed. for the depth, there are many options and you will need to locate the one that is mounted exactly like the one you have now. Here is the link to the page for them.http://rm.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/20261/Raymarine-Thru-Hull-Transducers.html