Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have an inconsole HDR 610 depth sounder with a thru hull

Customer Question

I have an inconsole HDR 610 depth sounder with a thru hull transducer (XFM 9 20). I want to add a fish finder. Can I use my existing transducer and if so, how do I wire both the depth sounder and the fish finder to the single transducer?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Bob, my name is***** answer your question directly the HDR610's transducer is not capable of marking fish, or displaying any kind of image of the bottom. It is a very, very basic sonar transducer that is designed to get a depth reading and that is it. If you wanted to add a fishfinder you would also have to add a new transducer. Do you have any other questions on the issue?-Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.Thank youJason
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Was there anything else?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me. Thanks again,Jason