Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Hummingbird gps antenna GR16/4 has 2 plugs inside unit which

Customer Question

Hummingbird gps antenna GR16/4 has 2 plugs inside unit which plug goes where. No markings on pc board. 1 plug is power and other is data
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If one plug is power, you should be able to trace it, with a little work and a volt-Ohm meter set to resistance in Ohms, where the plug leads that is power, and if needful, what the polarity is on the plug (+ vs. -).If you don't know what plug on the board fits the power plug, then look for the broad run at the edge of the circuit board. That's probably the Ground, and so should go directly and unmistakeably to one of the pins (that is most likely matching to the - on the power plug, or to the ground if it ultimately leads to the power prong for ground). The data one is another matter. How many pins does it have, first?