Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a matrix 12 Hummingbird that will not turn. I measure

Customer Question

I have a matrix 12 Hummingbird that will not turn. I measure voltage on the two pins. I am not sure where the fuzes are. I saw two big fuzes near the battery, but they look too big. Can you help
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What was the voltage on the two pins that you tested?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know. The boat is at another location that I can not get to easily. It is a small analogue meter. What should I be reading
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where are the fuzes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would hope you can answer simple questions. What voltage should I be reading and where are the fuzes
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Yes I can answer your questions. the voltage reading should be 12V, or if the battery is low, it will be low as well. Test the voltage at the battery and the voltage going to the finder should be with in 1V of the battery. For the fuses, that depends on where in your boat this in mounted. Normally there is a fuse panel near the helm and the power to the unit will come from there. The unit only needs a 3A fuse on it. If the unit is mounted on the bow of the boat, the fuse could be behind the panel where all the wiring is hid.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Did I answer your questions?