Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki

I recently purchase a echomap 73sv and installed it on my boat.

Customer Question

I recently purchase a echomap 73sv and installed it on my boat. I have been experiencing some issues that I need help with. First is the traditional sonar. It just doesn't show any fish. I'm wondering if I need to zoom in to get more detail. Second, I'm not seeing anything on the side scan. I sees vertical line progress down the screen and that's all. No detail. The down vu mode seems to be working great as does the gps and the chart features.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: The temperature readout is not correct but in reading the manual it looks like I need to calibrate it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Electronics Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.Where do you have the transducer mounted on the boat?What position is it pointed in?