Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

8212 gps wiyh GDS 24 sounder Airmar 164-20 No water

Customer Question

8212 gps wiyh GDS 24 sounder Airmar B 164-20 No water temp or depth solid red light is on suggestions please
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Has this sonar-and-temperature sounding setup worked before this?Or is this a first-time-setup that has not worked before? I think the first thing to do, especially if the setup is not new, and has worked before, is to disconnect and clean the connectors, one at a time, that are in the system. Then for each connector, re-connect firmly, after having scrubbed off the connectors on both sides for 30 seconds or more with a clean dry brush, wipe down the connectors with a clean dry rag cloth, until the metal shines. Then re-connect firmly, and go on to the next connector or connection. Let me know what happens, and where the red light is showing up (and which red light it is), please. Thanks.