Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Sony Marine radio on my bike. It is XM/Serious

Customer Question

I have a Sony Marine radio on my bike. It is XM/Serious capable. I used to have XM for two years with this radio. Parked it in the fall and this summer, the mode dial does not show the XM like it would the AM/FM/CD/USB. It used to also say XM. So I could turn it to XM. I still have the XM service.
What has happened?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It may have to be re-registered to XM radio service or Sirius radio service owing to the time interval. Registering it to Sirius is done by calling their customer support. The other possible problem that I can think of offhand, would be if Sirius/XM capability was added by a cable to another module (Sirius/XM tuner module), in which case if unplugged, both the capability and the option might disappear from the radio. Or just perhaps, it may be 'broken'... but check the first two options.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The radio is registered or you would not get any kind of signal.
Before I installed the xm, the radio showed the xm capability on the dial.
So by reason of deduction, the radio is broken.Thanks
I'm sorry the news isn't better than that. (How do you know that you are still getting any signal? I would advise you to at minimum, check the antenna connection, make sure it isn't corroded nor dirtied nor loose.)