Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I want to upgrade my fish finder to a Furuno FCV-588. The

Customer Question

Hi I want to upgrade my fish finder to a Furuno FCV-588. The transducer I have is an Airmar TM260 (part no.41-453-1-01) with an 8 pin plug on the end. I was wondering if I can get a connecting cable (8pin male to 10 pin female) to go from the transducer to the 10 pin Furuno sounder. If I can will it work as it should because it has 2 less wires??
If there is no such connecting cable is there anything else I can do to make it work? Maybe I just have buy a new transducer.
Hope you can help
Thanks
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. What was the transducer connected to before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy
it was connected to a garmin 750s via a transducer adapter female 6 pin to male 8 pin which was purchased as an off the shelf adapter
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
This is the closest thing I can find to what you are describing, will this work for you?https://www.blueheronmarine.com/products/adapter-cable-furuno-10-pin-to-furuno-8-pin-adapt-10-8?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=16407208966&gclid=CKWx1I6wm8wCFRJZhgodj18A1QIf it will please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.