Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I will be replacing my ray star 120 gps antennae. Likely

Customer Question

I will be replacing my ray star 120 gps antennae. Likely will use ray star 125 . Do I splice similar colored wires? Do I do anything with the "extra" wires from the 125? Is there an off brand antennae that has 3 wires and therefore more straight forward to splice?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hi yes you are correct. Te wires will either be the same color or similar and those are the ones you need to connect the same way to the new device;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Also if you need me or have any other questions please let me know.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael