Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Onix 10 quit working again today , found my navigation card

Customer Question

Onix 10 quit working again today , found my navigation card ruined due to water .
Do I have unrealistic expectations or should you be able to lightly rinse salt spray off unit which was sold as outdoor capable 3200 dollar top shelf graph and gps .
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a fix or was it just sold a unit which is not designed to be used or maintained in marine conditions?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would advise you to take the card, independent of every other device and out of every other device, and rinse it with *fresh* water. Salt water is quite bad for both metal contacts and circuitry in general, because of its conductivity. Then dry it for a prolonged period - about 2 days in a warm dry place, at least - before trying it again. Thorough drying is essential for recovery of function, so make sure to dry it for a bit longer than you think necessary. (The interior must be dry too.) That should help it recover full function, I hope. (If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)