Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

MS AV600 - left channel both zone 1 & 2 has no sound. Checked

Customer Question

MS AV600 - left channel both zone 1 & 2 has no sound. Checked all feed wires to unit and it appears to be no connection problems. Left channel no sound issue started as intermittent and then became permanent. Appreciate guidance here because removing the unit is not easy.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Connections are likely to corrode in a nautical, and especially in a marine, environment. With that in mind, my advice is to undo all connections, on the path to the zone 1 and zone 2 speakers (all the left channel speakers), but undo them one at a time... scrub both sides of the connection with a clean dry brush, quite thoroughly, for 30 seconds at least.Then wipe down the scrubbed connections with a clean dry rag cloth, until the metal shines.Re-connect firmly.Then on to the next connections/connector, and clean it likewise. That may make a difference, since what you describe sounds very like a connection that became either corroded or loose, or both at once, gradually cutting off the connection as far as electron flow goes.