Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki

My name is ***** *****. I have an Elite-7 CHIRP that

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** *****. I have an Elite-7 CHIRP that I purchased about a year ago. It has set in the box since then and I am finally getting my boat going and about to mount the uinit and transducer,
I have a 2000 Bay Stealth 19 ft with a V front and tunnel back. I am looking at the best place to locate the transducer. I have a place inside on the hull that i could use, but Im wondering how much I would lose in sensitivity mounting it there. I also have an area in the tunnel which I suspect will many have a lot of interference, or a location to the right rear of the outside hull. Any thoughts on the best place to mount it?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi John, my name is***** you take a picture of the back of your boat for me? From there I will make a mark on it as for the best spot for the transducer to go.