Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

None of my Lowrance units will read my navonics cards..lcx

Customer Question

None of my Lowrance units will read my navonics cards..lcx 111c...lcx111c hd......lcx27c hc
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is possible that the Navionics memory cards are not being read in the Lowrance units you have mentioned, owing to the memory cards being of a larger total capacity than the largest memory cards the Lowrance units can read. Did you download onto the memory cards? if so, that makes it more probable that the memory cards' size being too large to be read is the problem.Generally, there is a size limit, for older devices, on the size of SD cards that the older device can read. Roughly a 2 GB or 4 GB size limit, it is the largest size of standard SD card (above which the SDXC and SDHC type cards can go.)So if your Navionics cards are all above 4 GB in total size, then that is probably the problem. The specifications for the LCX111c say, about its memory card reader, that ... well, nothing much is mentioned about compatible memory card size, but if your units are at least 5 years old, they are probably subject to the 4 GB card size limit.