Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Trying to connect Furuno Transducer CA50/200-12M to a garmin gsd 24 bare wire connector box
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Electronics Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a Furuno Transducer CA50/200-12M installed in my boat.
I am trying to connect it to a Furuno Head Unit. I have the Garmin Bare Wire Connector adapter box GSD24 it has 8 pins
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, what kinds of questions did you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Todd
How do I wire the CA50/200-12M to the Garmin GSD24 Bare Wire adapter box
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Hi Todd, Before I go any further, what makes you think that transducer and the GSD24 are compatible, did somebody tell you that they were?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes it is a 50/200 frequency
The garmin box can connect all transducers on that frequency I know a jumper wire is required between pins 4 and 5 due to lack of temp on the transducer
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
It is a 50/200 frequency transducer but it requires a diplexer box to make it work. The GSD24 is not a diplexer, thats' why I asked what made you think it would work.
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
What do you plan on using for a display? And is the transducer already mounted inside of the boat?
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
In an nutshell that transducer is not going to work with that sounder by itself. Extra parts may be needed depending on what you plan on using for a display unit. The issue is the GSD24 is used for single line transmission transducers. The transducer you have, CA50/200, is a dual line transmission transducer. Do you have any further questions on the issue, or want to try to work towards a solution. Or is knowing that the 2 parts are not compatible satisfy your inquiry?
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Are you unable to reply back?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry was out on the boat
I have a Garmin GVC 10 that has the 12 pin connector for Transducer
I have a Garmin 1040xs That has the 8 pin connector for Transducer
I also have a Garmin 70s that has the 8 pin connector for TransducerAll are networked together so I have multiple optionsWith the GSD24 I should be able to get either the 50 or 200 to work
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please refund my money I never got an answer for the $36 dollars