Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Trying to connect Furuno Transducer CA50/200-12M to a garmin gsd 24 bare wire connector box
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Electronics Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Furuno Transducer CA50/200-12M installed in my boat.
I am trying to connect it to a Furuno Head Unit. I have the Garmin Bare Wire Connector adapter box GSD24 it has 8 pins
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, what kinds of questions did you have?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Todd
How do I wire the CA50/200-12M to the Garmin GSD24 Bare Wire adapter box
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Hi Todd, Before I go any further, what makes you think that transducer and the GSD24 are compatible, did somebody tell you that they were?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes it is a 50/200 frequency
The garmin box can connect all transducers on that frequency I know a jumper wire is required between pins 4 and 5 due to lack of temp on the transducer
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
It is a 50/200 frequency transducer but it requires a diplexer box to make it work. The GSD24 is not a diplexer, thats' why I asked what made you think it would work.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
What do you plan on using for a display? And is the transducer already mounted inside of the boat?
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
In an nutshell that transducer is not going to work with that sounder by itself. Extra parts may be needed depending on what you plan on using for a display unit. The issue is the GSD24 is used for single line transmission transducers. The transducer you have, CA50/200, is a dual line transmission transducer. Do you have any further questions on the issue, or want to try to work towards a solution. Or is knowing that the 2 parts are not compatible satisfy your inquiry?
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Are you unable to reply back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry was out on the boat
I have a Garmin GVC 10 that has the 12 pin connector for Transducer
I have a Garmin 1040xs That has the 8 pin connector for Transducer
I also have a Garmin 70s that has the 8 pin connector for TransducerAll are networked together so I have multiple optionsWith the GSD24 I should be able to get either the 50 or 200 to work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please refund my money I never got an answer for the $36 dollars