Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have two 899's and an Ipilot with us2. I want

Customer Question

***** *****, I have two 899's and an Ipilot with us2. I want to hook both to the stern transducer and the bow unit to the us2 on the terrova. want to have access to everything from either unit except maybe not us 2 at helm. Do I need a 5 port ethernet or just ethernet the two heads togetether, the US2 to the transducer input on the bow and the stern transducer to the helm unit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just what I said above.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Electronics Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.
Hello, this is Charles. Thank you for requesting me. All that you need to do is link the two units via the Ethernet cable. That will allow the front 899 to read what the rear transducer is seeing. You would need to have both units turned on to make them work. Is there anything else that I may assist you with?