Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I've downloaded some California trail maps onto a ScanDisk

Customer Question

I've downloaded some California trail maps onto a ScanDisk 2 gb micro sd card, I am using an Elite 7M unit, in settings it shows the files but when I try to load form card in waypoints/routes/trails it tells me there are no files on the card, am I doing something wrong?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi Mike,First, please ensure you are using a compatible SD card (not SDXC for example)Let me know what format it is?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my other sd cards say HC, the one i'm using does not, it says it's formatted in FAT16, I tried reformatting to MS-DS(Fat) & also exFAT but it didn't work either way, I'm using an apple MacBook Air as to check the formatting and transfer of files. this is 1 of the files that are I'm trying to use. CaliforniaTrailMap_00.lcm
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Have you tried other cards too?Do any cards work in the unit?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have not tried any other cards, I tried first with and HC type card, when that didn't work I purchased the standard type card, I wasn't willing to keep buying cards if I can't figure out why the ones I have aren't working.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
A lot of the newer high capacity cards are not compatible.Do you have any older cards lying around?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I realize that! that's why I bought the older 2GB card. and it still is not working.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
If the same card works on other Elite units, then the card reader in your own unit may have a fault.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a brand new unit just out of the box, I don't have another one to try it out on.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Can you try it out on a friend's or get a local marine shop to test it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't live any where near a marine shop and don't know anyone else that has one of these units.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Ok, then the only other option is to ship the unit away for testing.