Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

I have a dual-setup E80 Classic, DSM300, Fluxgate Compass,

Customer Question

Hello, I have a dual-setup E80 Classic, DSM300, Fluxgate Compass, ST-60 Tridata unit and an analog radome all networked via a SeaTalk-HS switch and some NMEA to my radio. Are any of these devices usable if I move to some of the newer Raymarine MFD's?
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what might you recommend for an upgrade? Do I even need the Fluxgate with the new MFD's? and any opinion of the eS vs gS units?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I switch to Garmin. We do more fishing in the cape cod area and wondering if you had any opinion of the Chirp down and side from either vendor?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. On the road at soccer games all afternoon but will be checking in. Take your time.
None of the devices will be disabled if you change some.of the components. As stay on the seatalk backbone they will continue to work.