Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a problem with a FCV382 sounder display in that the

Customer Question

I have a problem with a FCV382 sounder display in that the picture continually rolls and wont lock vertically. Which part of the display board has the components for the vertical snc
do you have a circuit of r\the display board please
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I can find no source for a schematic for the FCV382, I regret to say, after a search for a source.

To find any sort of manual, it might help if I knew what the specific sub-model of your Furuno is.

There's these, for instance:

FCV382/23

FCV382/25

FCV382/26

and so forth.

Which of these is your model, please?

If no source of the schematic or repair information is available specifically for your model, then you may need to go on general principles:

A. if the display is rolling, the vertical rate may need adjustment. Look for an adjustement trim-pot. Try it - with a note on the original position, since if it's the horizontal trim-pot instead, the results would be not good at all.

B. if there are no trimpots, then you may need to replace components in a directed sort of random order: components that look defective, that have overheated spots on the board under them, etc.

Let me know the full model and submodel # ***** I will search further.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Russell
I used my torch and found the V Hold pot among the maze of wiring and adjusted the pot to almost no V movement it is obvious that the V sync is missing so I will need to replace all caps near the heat sink for the V amp. I will let you the outcome.
The sounder is a 28/50 kHz 2 kW model.
Regards

OK. Sounds dandy so far, and I'm glad to have advised an obviously capable electronic tech.

Let me know how it all goes, once the run through the possibly bad capacitors is done. (Bulging, or leaking, is a sign of failure in capacitors, of course.)