Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

When i went to turn on my hummingbird 788ci this year it

Customer Question

when i went to turn on my hummingbird 788ci this year it would not power up it worked fine last time i used it. i have checked the voltage at the plug and it is showing 12.7 on my meter can anyone help me hummingbird wants 245.00 flat rate to repair it and i know there cant be much wrong with it things dont break not being used
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing to check internally to the Humminbird device is, the power plug and its connections/joints to the board inside. If the power cord is yanked on at any time, those connections can (eventually) crack.

If the device is hooked up with a removable power connection (I should hope) can you try another device on the same power connection? it's dubious, but it might illustrate where the problem is for sure (and it's almost surely inside the device.)