Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I would like to know how to operate my Hummingbird 196 c i

Customer Question

I would like to know how to operate my Hummingbird 196 c i properly. Can I get a book on fishfinders, or can you tell me how to operate it properly in layman terms?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

May I ask:

1) The AGE of this device?

2) How long have you had this device?

3) Do you have the manual for this device?

4) Have you used ANY fish finders in the past, or is this your first experience with one?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The fishfinder is about 2 years old and I have for two years. I,m sorry to say, that I misplaced the manual and it is my first time with a fishfinder, and I couln't get it to work properly.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delayed response.

OK - let's start by getting you a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual, which includes how to INSTALL the device & transducer, and how to operate it. This manual covers a few models, including the 196ci.

Click the link below to DOWNLOAD the manual to your computer. Make sure you make note of where it downloads to, as you will want to go to that folder and double-click on that file to open it.

www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=3090

Also, MOST computers & devices have a built-in PDF "viewer", so when you double-click on the file on your computer, it will open with that viewer. But if you don't have that, below is a link to where you can get a no-cost viewer program. Just make sure you UN-check any "optional offers" BEFORE you click the Install Now button.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Let me know if you have any issues downloading and viewing that manual. Once you do, please review the basics for installing and using the device (and transducer), and then let me know if you have any more SPECIFIC questions about its operation and what does or does not work, and then we can continue with the next steps - if needed.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)