Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I recently purchased a Helix 5 DL with Navionics card, I

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Helix 5 DL with Navionics card, I have downloaded the charts to a card to fit the fishfinder but cannot get a response in regard to any charts. I cannot get any info on the charts.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello Eric, my name is***** will assist you.

Which Navionics did you purchase?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Navionics Gold MSD50MXG - Australia, New Zealand & Pacific
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

I am assuming that you have the DI unit not a DL. and it does have GPS?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
DI, that's correct
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

GPS model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
GPS model
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** how you are trying to install the maps? Is the unit on of off when you install the card?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My understanding is the charts are copied from the Navionics card to a micro card through card holders, then the micro card is inserted into the unit. I cannot get a response when I go through the charts feature. I cannot find information on the correct procedure to install these charts, there lies the problem. Thank you.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Ok, the correct way to load a card on a Humminbird, is to have the unit up and running, then load the card. The reader will see it and then upload it.

Do you have a way to read the micro SD card on your computer where you transferred the data? You may wish to look and see what is on the card.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have set the unit up in the boat and have again downloaded the charts onto the micro chip both as a complete folder and as individual files (17) I have tried both with the chip in on start up and the chip inserted after start up, I get no reaction, the finder unit seems to be working normally. I also tried another chip through the above sequences but again no response.Thank you for your suggestions Charles.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Are you installing the card with the label facing the front of the unit and the notches down?

Also, please verify the model of the card. I am not seeing it on the site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am familiar with the cards and have inserted them correctly, they do not lock if incorrect.
The card no. is: MSD/AUS - 3/HUM6 IT1G7S1AIJ1GUS
The unit does not seem to respond at all to the card. I have used a new Micro card in my last attempt.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Eric,

I have contacted Navionics AU to see what they say. You wouldn't happen to live in NSW do you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do live in NSW, I have been struggling with this problem for a few months now.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

I am not sure how much help they may be there, but here is where they are located. It may well be worth it to take the card and the head unit down to see them.

Ph: +612 9816 7150

Fax: +612 9816 7166

Email: *****@******.***

www.navionics.com.au

Navionics Australia

Unit 202,*****/p>

Lane Cove West NSW 2066

Australia

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Charles, that location is about 400 kms away but I happen to be going down that way for Easter next week, I will give them a ring and see if I can make an appointment.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Thats great. I have not heard anything from them yet. I am hoping to meet with a Humminbird rep in the next two days at the boat show in my dealership.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is the week after next actually.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hopefully I will hear something before then.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Charles.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Your very welcome Eric.