Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Recently had a new auto pilot and GPS installed on a SL70C

Customer Question

Recently had a new auto pilot and GPS installed on a SL70C had to use a converter kit. I like using "course up" When at the dock in "standby" all looks good however away from the dock in "auto" the plotter will not provide me a contineous vector it keeps "blinking" on and off and the cursor will not move the chart. Any suggestions?
Paul Hunter
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First of all, check your connection to the GPS antenna. Trace its entire length. Undo the connectors, one at a time. Scrub the connector on both sides with a clean dry brush. Then wipe the connectors down with a clean dry rag cloth until the metal shines, then re-connect them firsmly and on to the next one.