Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have a 535 that worked great at home in Missouri. Brought it

Customer Question

Have a 535 that worked great at home in Missouri. Brought it to Florida, put it on boat and it powers up for a microsecond then shuts down. Have 12.3 V's at the terminal. What's up????
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check that the polarity on your power is correct.

Also make sure that a voltmeter set on AC does not detect considerable AC on the power line. That can happen, and devices don't like it.

That voltage may not be adequate. 13.8 V is the rated voltage mentioned in the spec.s for this device (if the 535 you have is made by Garmin, that is. I am assuming so.) You may need at least a volt more of power, since undervoltaging is as disliked as overvoltaging, oddly enough.