Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI on the front of my boat and a

Customer Question

I have a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI on the front of my boat and a Lowrance 5 on the console. Both are 2 years old and the 7 will come on and just not read accurately as I know the back one is. The fish finder reads real deep depths than comes up to shallow and the temp is way off to. When I first got it I just turned it on without looking for any set up. I always use the rear one with works perfect......any advise on how to fix or reset it?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

First, make sure that you are running the latest software version. Here is a link to it.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-40/

Also try a soft reset. Press and hold the Pages key, then press and release the power button. When the map of the USA appears, release the Pages button.

Let me know if these do not work.