Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a Garmin 140 fish finder. Is there a newer model that

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 140 fish finder. Is there a newer model that uses the same power cord or is there a retrofit adapter to upgrade the unit?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The power supply is pretty common, and it's widely used on Garmin devices. Click here for your charger.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm sorry I missed your request for a phone call, I had to run out on a house call. The adapter is a mini USB charger, you may have one around the house. They are also used on many devices. Click here for the wall charger. If you find one around the house, if it fits, it's the right one. It is a smart charging system and will adapt the voltage to its specifications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not my question? Please read my original question again.I want to know if I can upgrade the fish finder currently installed on my boat without having to change the entire wiring system.Your response did not add anything to my original question - your response did not offer any help at all.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Give me just a few minutes, I see what you're trying to do now...

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

As far as connecting the transducer, sonar, etc... Those can be tricky when replacing the head unit. The power cable is the same, but I'll have to open this question back up to all experts, as I cannot be 100% certain. Don't rate my answer or you may be charged twice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Transducers to fit most Fishfinder models. Model 010-10249-00 is compatible with Garmin® Fishfinder models: FF160C, 300C, 400C, GPSMAP 4x1s, 5x1s, 5x6s and GSD21. Model 010-10272-00 is compatible with models FF400C, GPSMAP 4x1a, 5x1s, 5x6s, 700s series, GSD21/22 (excluding GPSMAP 431s and 531s).

If you need any further information on this, please let me know.